UPDATED ON 7 MAY AT 10:10 additional
We understand that South and Vale based businesses are in need of further support as we begin to recover from the pandemic.
Please note that we are still awaiting information from Government in relation to future funding for a third round of the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
Once we have the received the Government FAQs for this scheme, we will be able to offer an update via our newsletter. Businesses can sign up to receive important updates here.
The Additional Restrictions Grant (Discretionary Grant Fund) was introduced to support those who are ineligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (for closed businesses) and other support schemes related to business rates.
The Additional Restrictions Grant provided a one-off payment of £3,000 to all eligible businesses.
- Businesses that are legally required to close, but are not registered for business rates
- Businesses that are not legally required to close, but have been severely impacted by the latest restrictions (including businesses registered for rates)
- Businesses from all industries including self-employed sole traders and home based businesses
Your business was ineligible if:
- You were not trading immediately prior to 4 January 2020
- the business is in administration, is insolvent or a striking-off notice has been made AND/OR
- you have already received grant payments equal the maximum state aid limits
- the business qualifies for the LRSG (Closed) Addendum scheme or the Closed Business One-off Lockdown Payment
The government guidance on the scheme can be found here.