UPDATED ON 30 JUNE AT 09:14
For the second round of funding, we have exercised a greater level of discretion to meet the needs of our small businesses who have so far been ineligible for the government grants.
Any of our small businesses can now apply, including home-based businesses, as long as they meet the eligibility criteria below.
What criteria has been removed?
In the first round of funding we adhered to the national mandatory criteria, which meant that we prioritised the following:
- On 11 March 2020, the business occupied a shared office, flexible workspace or individual unit located in our districts which did not have its own business rates assessment on 11 March 2020. This includes but is not limited to units in industrial parks, science parks, incubators and business parks OR
- Is a Bed & Breakfast which pays Council Tax instead of business rates, OR
- Is a charity property in receipt of charitable business rates relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief.
You can apply for a discretionary grant if your business:
- Is based in the South Oxfordshire or Vale of White Horse district
- Has suffered a significant fall in income due to the COVID-19 crisis
- Has relatively high ongoing fixed property-related costs
We recommend reading our eligibility checklist below to ensure that you are eligible to apply for our Discretionary Grant Fund.
- The business was not trading on 11 March 2020; AND/OR
- The company is in administration, is insolvent or a striking-off notice has been made; AND/OR
- The business is eligible for, or in receipt of, any central government COVID related scheme. Such grant schemes include but are not limited to:* Small Business Grant Fund
* Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant
* The Fisheries Response Fund
* Domestic Seafood Supply Scheme (DSSS).
* The Zoos Support Fund
* The Dairy Hardship Fund
* Coronavirus Community Support Fund
The business has received grant funding from:
- South Oxfordshire District Council or Vale of White Horse District Council or Discretionary Grant Scheme – Round One
- OxLEP COVID – 19 Business Resilience Fund
Some businesses based in South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse are ineligible for the current government grants or may be unsuccessful in their application.
To help our local businesses, we’ve put together a list of alternative funding streams and ways that you can help to let people know about your services. You can view the list here.