The South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse districts are home to a large number of home-based businesses. The councils offer support to those who run businesses from home, as businesses have suggested they would welcome opportunities to meet with other home-based businesses and get access to advice and facilities.
If you have a questions about running a home-based business, then please do get in touch with us. We also produce a fortnightly business newsletter that keeps businesses up to date with business news in the district, if you would like to receive a copy then please sign up here.
The Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (since replaced by the Department for Business, Energy and Innovation Strategy) have also put together a guide to growing a business from home. You can download The Home Business Guide here and the District Councils’ have jointly created a ‘frequently asked questions’ guide for setting up a small or home-based business, you can download the guide here.
There are various other meetings and services available for home-workers, including:
- Connecting Thames Valley Tech – ConnectTVT is the place to go when looking to connect with tech resource in the Thames Valley.
- The Mix, Wantage – The Mix is available four days a week as a ‘hot desk’ space. People can subscribe to have access to The Mix as a space to work from in town on Mon/Tues & Thurs/Fridays. The Mix have high desks, wifi and low table space. There’s basic kitchen and toilet facilities and several cafes very close by. Access to The Mix is available between the hours of 9am and 5pm on hot desking days. Contact Mim Norvell to enquire about Hot Desking here.
- The Old Counting House, Wallingford – Based in the heart of Wallingford, The Old Counting House provides admin support, serviced offices, meeting room hire and flexible contracts.
- There is a home-based business hub at “The Picnic Hamper” café and business lounge at Monument Business Park, Chalgrove, run by Jennings. For more information contact Chris Williams at Jennings or telephone 01865 893200.
- The Work Station – This property in Abingdon town centre offers attractive serviced office accommodation and co-working hot desks. The co-working hub is a drop-in business base which allows early stage businesses the opportunity to work in inspiring co-working space.
For networking and business groups in the districts, check out our networking and business events page.