UPDATED ON 7 APRIL AT 11:40 closed
The Closed Business Lockdown Payment provided a one-off payment to businesses that pay business rates and were forced to close due to the national restrictions.
Eligible businesses must have been trading the day before national restrictions came into force to be eligible to receive funding under this scheme.
- If your business has a property with a rateable value of £15,000 or less, you may have been eligible for a cash grant of £4,000
- Properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 may have been eligible for a cash grant of £6,000
- Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or above may have been eligible for a cash grant of £9,000
- Non-essential retail, personal care, sports facilities, hospitality and leisure businesses that pay business rates and have been ordered to close due to the national restrictions
- If a business is required to close its main, in-person service but adapts its business to operate takeaway, click and collect or online with delivery services, it will be considered closed and be eligible to receive grants under this scheme
because its substantive business must close
Who was ineligible for funding?
- Businesses that are able to conduct their main service because they do not
depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate
their services effectively remotely (e.g. accountants, solicitors)
- Those that have chosen to close but have not been required to
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made
Businesses can read the official government guidance here.