UPDATED ON 10 NOVEMBER AT 16:33
The government recently announced that businesses in England required to close due to the COVID-19 lockdown may now be able to receive grant funding to support them.
Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed Premises)
The LRSG(C) is a mandatory grant for businesses that have a rateable value and have been forced to close due to the 5 November restrictions.
During this period, a single grant to cover the four-week period will be paid to each eligible business. The grant amounts will be fixed. Businesses with more than one qualifying property will receive more than one grant.
The rate of payment for eligible businesses will be:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, grants to be £1,334 per four weeks
- Properties with a rateable value of over £15k and below £51k, grants to be £2,000 per four weeks
- For properties with a rateable value of £51k or over, grants to be £3,000 per four weeks
We will confirm the process for claiming this grant as soon as possible.
Additional Restrictions Grant
Businesses who are eligible for this scheme will need to apply once applications are open.
The scheme is suitable for:
- Closed businesses that do not have a rateable value
- Businesses which are severely impacted rather than closed
The scheme is being developed at present, and should launch later this month. We will offer updates through the SVBS website and newsletter once the scheme is available for applications.
If you have any queries, please contact our Business Rates team via email:
South Oxfordshire District Council:
Vale of White Horse District Council: