What is the Corporate Social Responsibility Award?
The Corporate Social Responsibility Award seeks to recognise businesses that are sustainable and have a positive effect on not only the economy, but also the environment and community.
If your company has forward thinking environmental policies, social goals, supports charities or community groups or has any similar initiatives, this award can help to showcase all the good work you do.
Why is corporate social responsibility (CSR) so important?
Practising CSR can help your business attract and retain staff. Employees may be motivated to stay longer, reducing the costs and disruption of recruitment.
Companies often favour suppliers who have responsible policies, and investors are more likely to back a reputable business.
Who is sponsoring the award?
The award has been kindly sponsored by Blustream Recruitment, based at Harwell Campus.
The independent recruitment consultancy specialises in contract, permanent and temporary jobs in Admin, Secretarial & PA, Customer Service, Engineering, IT/Technology and more.
The awards will be a great way to help:
- Raise the business profile with great local PR
- Increase team spirit
- Attract and retain the best employees
- Win more customers
- Form new partnerships with some of the best businesses in the area
- Analyse and appraise your businesses strengths and opportunities
- Entries opened on 6 November.
- The deadline for applications is Midnight on 22 January 2020.
- Following the deadline, selected applicants will be asked to complete a second stage application to help our judging team to narrow entries down to a final three in each category.
- Finalists will be announced on the SVBS website and via our Twitter account on 18 March.
- All finalists receive complimentary tickets to the evening ceremony at Williams Conference Centre on 22 May 2020.