What is the Micro Business Award?
The Micro Business Award is ideal for businesses with less than ten employees.
More than 8,000 businesses across South and Vale are defined as micro. Some of the most common micro businesses include catering, childcare, photography, accounting, event planning and more.
Why are micro businesses important?
According to this Business Statistics paper, there were 5.4 million micro businesses in the UK in 2018, accounting for 96% of all businesses.
Micro businesses have been one of the main growth areas of UK businesses in the last 10 years, as increasing numbers of people have become self employed.
The awards will be a great way to help:
- Raise the business profile with great local PR
- Increase team spirit
- Attract and retain the best employees
- Win more customers
- Form new partnerships with some of the best businesses in the area
- Analyse and appraise your businesses strengths and opportunities
- Entries opened on 6 November.
- The deadline for applications is Midnight on 22 January 2020.
- Following the deadline, selected applicants will be asked to complete a second stage application to help our judging team to narrow entries down to a final three in each category.
- Finalists will be announced on the SVBS website and via our Twitter account on 18 March.
- All finalists receive complimentary tickets to the evening ceremony at Williams Conference Centre on 22 May 2020.