What is the SME Award?
The SME Award is ideal for businesses based in South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse, with between 11 and 50 employees. Applications for the award are open now, and close at midnight on 22 January 2020.
More than 5,000 businesses across South and Vale are defined as SMEs.
Why are SME businesses important?
According to this Business Statistics paper, there were 210,000 SMEs in the UK in 2018, accounting for 15% of employment and turnover.
SMEs are considered to be most innovative and quick to adapt to change giving them advantages over larger businesses.
Who is sponsoring the award?
The awards will be a great way to help:
- Raise the business profile with great local PR
- Increase team spirit
- Attract and retain the best employees
- Win more customers
- Form new partnerships with some of the best businesses in the area
- Analyse and appraise your businesses strengths and opportunities
- Entries opened on 6 November.
- The deadline for applications is Midnight on 22 January 2020.
- Following the deadline, selected applicants will be asked to complete a second stage application to help our judging team to narrow entries down to a final three in each category.
- Finalists will be announced on the SVBS website and via our Twitter account on 18 March.
- All finalists receive complimentary tickets to the evening ceremony at Williams Conference Centre on 22 May 2020.