People in the South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse districts can park for free on specific days throughout December.
With many shops affected by the COVID-19 restrictions, this year it is particularly important that people support local traders where they can.
Motorists can park in district council car parks without paying for or displaying a ticket on the following days in December:
· Abingdon – Saturdays (5, 12, 19 December)
· Faringdon – Saturdays (5, 12, 19 December)
· Wantage – Saturdays (5, 12, 19 December)
· Didcot – Mondays (7, 14, 21 December)
· Goring – Saturdays (5, 12, 19 December)
· Henley – Tuesdays (8, 15, 22 December)
· Thame – Saturdays (5, 12, 19 December)
· Wallingford -Thursdays (10, 17, 24 December)
Please note that users will not have to display a ticket on the free days.
Shoppers can also continue to park for free each day outside of the charging period and during the standard free periods, but they must display a ticket during this time.
Small Business Saturday 2020
People can park in Abingdon, Faringdon, Wantage, Goring and Thame for free on Saturday 5 December, which is Small Business Saturday. The campaign highlights a huge variety of small businesses and encourages shoppers to shop locally.
Cllr David Rouane, Cabinet Member for Housing and Environment at South Oxfordshire District Council, said:
‘We provide free parking as a way of encouraging people to shop locally for their Christmas presents. This year it seems particularly important for people to do that in order to help independent traders who have been badly hit by the recent restrictions.’