UPDATED ON 20 JULY AT 16:27 restrictions
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed – Local Restrictions) provided financial support to rate paying businesses required to close under local restrictions from 2 December to 25 December.
Rate paying businesses that were temporarily required to close, or had to close the substantive element of their business, may have been eligible for this scheme (for instance, if a pub only serves drink it has to shut, but it can still offer a click and collect takeaway service).
Businesses registered for business rates:
- If your business has a property with a rateable value of £15,000 or less, you may have been eligible for a cash grant of up to £1,143
- Properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 may have been eligible for a cash grant of up to £1,714
- Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or above may have been eligible for a cash grant of up to £2,571
Your business may have been eligible if it:
- is based in England
- occupies property on which it pays business rates (and is the ratepayer)
- is in an area of local Tier 2, Tier 3 or Tier 4 restrictions and has been required to close because of local restrictions that resulted in a first full day of closure on or after 9 September ((Please note, the current application form covers tiers 2 only – information on an application process for tier 4 will follow in due course)
- has been required to close for at least 14 days because of the restrictions
- has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises
Businesses excluded from the fund
You could not get funding if:
- you can continue to operate during the period of restrictions because you do not depend on providing direct in-person services from your premises (for example, accountants)
- local restrictions are introduced for less than 14 days or you are closed for less than 14 days
- you have chosen to close, but have not been required to close as part of local restrictions
- your businesses has been subject to national closures, since 23 March 2020, such as nightclubs (these are eligible for other grant support)
- you have exceeded the permitted state aid threshold (this scheme counts towards the total de minimis state aid you’re allowed to get over a 3 year period – €200,000)
Businesses will need to get in contact with our Business Rates team if they have any queries about this scheme.
You can also call our business rates team between 9am and 11am Tuesday to Thursday on 0845 300 5562 (South) OR 0845 300 2839 (Vale). Please only phone if your enquiry is urgent.