UPDATED ON 19 JANUARY AT 09:18 addendum
Please note that we are currently working hard to finalise this scheme and hope to open for applications shortly.
Please subscribe to the South and Vale Business Support newsletter to receive important updates.
On 4 January 2021, the Prime Minister announced that from 5 January 2021, England would enter into a period of national restrictions to manage the spread of COVID-19.
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum provides financial support to businesses that pay business rates and were forced to close due to the national lockdown. In addition, you may also be eligible for a one off payment under the Closed Business Lockdown Payment – Lockdown 3 scheme.
Payments will be made every 42 days whilst the scheme is in operation.
- If your business has a property with a rateable value of £15,000 or less, you may be eligible for a cash grant of up to £2,001 per 42-day qualifying restriction period
- Properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 may be eligible for a cash grant of up to £3,000
- Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or above may be eligible for a cash grant of up to £4,500
- Non-essential retail, leisure, personal care, sports facilities and hospitality businesses that pay business rates are eligible for this scheme
- If a business is required to close its main, in-person service but adapts its business to operate takeaway, click and collect or online with delivery services, it will be considered closed and be eligible to receive grants under this scheme because its substantive business must close
Who is ineligible for funding?
- Businesses that are able to conduct their main service because they do not
depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate
their services effectively remotely (e.g. accountants, solicitors)
- Those that have chosen to close but not been required to
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made