UPDATED ON 20 JULY AT 16:27addendum
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum provided financial support to businesses that pay business rates and were mandated to close due to the national lockdown.
The scheme was aimed at businesses operating in the non-essential retail, personal care, sports facilities, hospitality and leisure sectors that are registered for business rates and were ordered to close under Government restrictions.
Payments for this scheme were automatically processed by the councils’ business rates team wherever possible.
16 February 2021 to 31 March 2021 (44 day period):
- Businesses with a rateable value £15,000 or less may be eligible for £2,096
- Businesses with a rateable value over £15,000, but less than £51,000, may be eligible for £3,143
- Businesses with a rateable value £51,000 or above may be eligible for £4,714
Second payment cycle: 16 February 2021 to 31 March 2021 (44 day period): If you had received funding for the first payment cycle (5 January – 15 February 2021), the councils’ business rates team automatically processed this payment for your business.
- Non-essential retail, leisure, personal care, sports facilities and hospitality businesses that pay business rates were eligible for this scheme
- If a business was required to close its main, in-person service but adapts its business to operate takeaway, click and collect or online with delivery services, it was eligible to receive grants under this scheme because its substantive business had to close
Who is ineligible for funding?
- Businesses that were able to conduct their main service because they do not
depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate
their services effectively remotely (e.g. accountants, solicitors)
- Those that had chosen to close but not been required to
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made