UPDATED ON 23 AUGUST AT 16:23 tier
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum – Tier 4 provided a one-off payment to businesses that pay business rates and were forced to close due to the Tier 4 restrictions, from 26 December – 4 January.
The grant was been launched alongside the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum and the Closed Business Lockdown Payment (Lockdown 3).
- Non-essential retail, personal care, sports facilities, hospitality and leisure businesses that pay business rates and have been ordered to close due to the national restrictions
- If a business is required to close its main, in-person service but adapts its business to operate takeaway, click and collect or online with delivery services, it will be considered closed and be eligible to receive grants under this scheme
because its substantive business must close
Who was ineligible for funding?
- Businesses that are able to conduct their main service because they do not
depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and can operate
their services effectively remotely (e.g. accountants, solicitors)
- Those that have chosen to close but have not been required to
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made