Local businesses are invited to register their interest for the NHS Health on the Move mobile vaccination van to visit their premises, if they have a significant number of staff who haven’t yet been able to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. This will give your employees the chance to receive either their first or second dose of the vaccination at their place of work and further support our communities in protecting themselves against coronavirus.
We are working with the Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group to find potential locations for the Health on the Move van. The van will be available to visit businesses based in South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse for specific dates (to be arranged) in September or October .
We’d like to identify the locations where the van can be of most use. There are two vaccinators on board the van and on average, they can offer 120 vaccinations over five hours.
If you are interested, please get in touch with the Councils’ Community Hub by 31 August 2021 with the following information:
- Your business name and address
- Estimated number of employees who might be interested
- Estimated age group of employees who might be interested (this affects which vaccine is available
- The contact details of the person who will be our main point of contact regarding this visit and their permission to share it with our colleagues at the Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning group who will contact them regarding the visit beforehand to discuss and co-ordinate the details
- Best days / dates for a Health on the Move mobile vaccination van visit during September/ October
- Confirm if you have space on your premises for the Health on the Move van to park during the visit and for how long this will be available on the day. If parking the van is not feasible, but you have room availability inside your premises, a pop-up facility can be arranged
Please note that no employee names or details need to be shared with Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group. Employees do not need to be registered with a GP to access the vaccination.
If you have any questions or would prefer to discuss this visit in more detail, please email the Councils’ Community Hub or contact the team via 01235 422600. Office hours for the team are 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday, 08:30 – 16:30 on Fridays.