Businesses across England and Wales are being urged to download QR codes to prepare for a new NHS COVID-19 app.
Launching on the 24 September, the app will simplify the Test and Trace process by enabling the public to automatically “check into” a venue. This will allow NHS Test and Trace to contact customers with public health advice, should there be a COVID-19 outbreak.
The app allows users to:
- Get alerted if they’ve been near other app users who have tested positive for coronavirus
- Get alerted if they have recently visited a venue where they may have come into contact with coronavirus (The alert message will not mention the name of the venue)
- Know the level of coronavirus risk in their postcode district
- Check if they have coronavirus symptoms and easily book a test
- Keep track of their self-isolation countdown and access relevant advice
The tool is quickly set up by completing an online form, printing and displaying a QR code poster and requesting that all visitors scan this on arrival at your premises.
Business owners are encouraged to prepare for the launch, by following these steps:
- Create a QR code for your venue online
- Print and display the poster by the entrance(s) to your premises (if you do not have a printer, you can show the QR code on a display screen, such as a TV or tablet. You will need to ensure it is within reach so visitors can scan it with their mobile phones)
- Encourage visitors to scan the poster to check in on arrival to your venue
- Provide an alternative process to collect data for individuals without a smartphone or access to the app