Vale4Business is pleased to partner with Revive & Thrive to bring a unique and interactive regional networking event to Abingdon, holding an afternoon-evening session targeted at both Town Centre professionals and local businesses.
Details of speakers for the event are now available below:
Date, location and agenda
Thursday 5 October 2017
15:30 – 19:30 BST
The Barn at The Crown & Thistle
18 Bridge Street
Afternoon session 15:30 – 17:30
- How to draw people into town and the high street
- How to fight back as former destination towns are now getting bypassed in favour of bigger towns and cities
- Finding USPs to encourage consumers and visitors to stop and shop
- Moving people on from harking back to “the good old days”
- Encouraging residents to shop local
Early evening session 18:00 – 19:30
- Marketing your business or ‘how to sell your business to people and other businesses’. Topics to be covered will include: Retail appearance, individual shops and high street
- Digital engagement (online / e-commerce / connectivity)
If you work for a BID, in regeneration for a local authority, are a town/city practitioner or otherwise have a passion for your place, join us from 3.30pm for round table discussions and inspirational speakers on the subject of just how we can encourage visitors into our town and city centres.
Following a networking session/refreshment break, the focus will turn to how businesses can sell themselves to the public and to other businesses, covering topics from “appearance” and first impressions to digital engagement and e-commerce.
Jeremy Rucker http://citydressing.co.uk
Helen Goodwin http://www.madeyoulookmadeyoustare.co.uk
Polly Barnfield http://www.maybe.xyz
Jonathan Docksey https://www.designjd.co.uk
Matt Taylor http://www.storecheckers.co.uk/
Shaun Fagan http://www.realtowns.co.uk
To book your ticket to attend the event, please click here.