The Big Small Shop has put together a campaign to encourage shoppers to stay local and support independent traders.
The online marketplace combines local business on a single trading platform, adding convenience and increased access for the community.
Supporting small businesses
A Simply Business survey has revealed that COVID-19 has cost small business owners £11,799 on average, with the total cost to UK SMEs exceeding £69 billion.
Many of our local towns have started campaigns to encourage residents to shop at their local stores, including the Henley Basket.
What is the Big Small Shop and how can it help?
Small independent businesses often struggle with online presence, and are unable to match the variety and convenience offered by large enterprises.
The Big Small Shop enables local businesses to trade successfully online, and get the exposure they deserve.
The Big Small Shop can:
- Allow businesses to easily load profiles and content
- Offer 24/7 support for all businesses
- Provide a cost effective e-commerce solution
- Connect local businesses to their community
- Enable and manage logistics for delivery
- Use wholesale B2B purchasing options
- Encourage purchases and bookings from multiple businesses
- Add convenience and accessibility for the consumer
- Supply Service Providers with an online booking calendar
- Showcase their business. The website receives over 70,000 page views each month
- Have an immediate route to online sales
- Have a simple, streamlined order processing
- Process online bookings with integrated calendar
- Obtain access to Local and Nationwide delivery service
- Join with no online experience
- Join for free
- Get assisted order management and customer liaison
- Have 24/7 support