Our partnership with ShopAppy aims to consolidate local, independent businesses on a single online marketplace, allowing residents access to a platform through which they can purchase goods from South and Vale based businesses.
The platform will be free for the area’s businesses to access over the first 12 months of the scheme (excluding bank / card charges).
ShopAppy is a “Shop & Support Local” website supported and backed by VISA, making it easier than ever for people to browse, book and buy from their local businesses. ShopAppy’s mission isn’t to create more online shoppers, but to create a community of local shoppers that can opt to shop in the way they choose.
Benefits of creating a presence on the ShopAppy website include:
- Free presence for 12 months
- An easy-to-use, straight forward way to get online
- Learn new digital skills
- You will have a dedicated Community Support Manager. ShopAppy hosts fortnightly drop-in sessions and there are videos in your welcome emails that show you how to add products and services
- Access to the ShopAppy Family group on Facebook, where vendors share tips, questions and support
- If you sell on Facebook, you can add a “Shop Now” button and have an automated reply message in messenger to direct people to your ShopAppy.com profile
- A marketing reach that a small business could not afford on their own – ShopAppy, the Councils and SVBS will help to market the scheme, business profiles and products/services
- Customers can benefit from one check out, one click & collect location or one delivery in your town.
- An opportunity to provide a level of convenience with other businesses to ensure loyalty from customers
We advise that businesses allocate just 20 minutes a week to managing their profile.
Key actions each week:
- Ensuring your products and profile are up to date
- Sharing one new product, service, or general post
If every business commits to being a gateway to their town and the other businesses, we will all be much stronger together and help to keep consumer spend within the local business community.
If this is of interest, you can register a new account on the ShopAppy website. A member of the ShopAppy team will call you to get you started within 48 hours.
You can find a list of FAQs for the scheme here.
To help roll out the scheme, we are searching for businesses in each town who may be able to provide a click and collect point for ShopAppy shoppers.
Additionally, if you run a local delivery, courier or taxi business and would like to work with ShopAppy to provide a delivery service, we’d love for you to get involved in the scheme.
Both of these opportunities will create great exposure for your business. Please email email@example.com if you’d like to get involved.