Offering a work experience placement to a local young person is a fantastic way to invest in your future workforce.
It also gives your staff the feel good factor from knowing that they’re giving a young person an invaluable taste of the world of work that will help them to make an informed, inspired career choice.
OxLEP Skills’ work experience team engage with 31 schools across Oxfordshire. They place over 5,500 young people across a variety of business sectors, including hospitality, engineering, retail and social care.
The team are looking for businesses across Oxfordshire who can offer a work placement to student(s). There is no charge to businesses and all health and safety checks are completed by NEBOSH qualified staff prior to the placement.
Benefits of Work Experience to your business:
- Workforce planning – in many cases, a future apprentice or talented employee has been recruited through a successful work experience placement
- Employer of choice – enhance your business brand in the minds of students, parents/carers and teachers
- Digital skills – Young people often bring new digital skills that reflect the interests and knowledge of the next generation
- Diversity – Helps your business appeal to a new emerging workforce, consumer groups and markets.
- Staff engagement and development – a fantastic opportunity to develop existing staff’s communication, mentoring and soft skills.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch employers talk about how they’ve benefitted from work experience in OxLEP’s new film:
Download OxLEP’s Work Experience Handbook for Employers here.